Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Literacy Project

 
I can not believe we have reached the end of this class, for me I feel like I am just beginning.  In an earlier post I created a digital story (using photostory), on the biography of a famous black American, Marian Anderson.  I had so much fun creating it, I knew my students would too!  In third grade we have been reading and writing biographies all year.  I thought this would be the ideal way for my students to demonstrate what they have learned so far.  I assigned each a group a person of interest. Using a graphic organizer, various books, and websites the students worked creatively and cooperatively to create thier own digital story.  The results are fantastic!  I was pleased that photostory was simple enough for them to use, with my assistance ofcourse.  The only problem I had was having 5 groups, and only one computer to use.  It took some time, but well worth.  The best part of this experience was the reaction of the students when they viewed their digital stories on the smart board.  We had a "viewing party" and it was obvious how proud they felt.  This is a great tool to enhance learning and motivate students to learn!  I had 5 videos total, however I have only posted 2. Tell us what you think!?

1 comment:

  1. These stories are fantastic. The students did a great job of researching the people selected, finding the photos, writing the script, and then narrating the stories. I learned a lot from the digital stories. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete