Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Digital Story

My Digital Story! I created a digital story on the biography of Marian Anderson. I used this video for two reasons.  First, I used this video with my class to summarize a story, "When Marian Sang".  The story is about the life and dreams of Marian Anderson, however, there were parts that were difficult for my students to follow.  After viewing this video I felt they had a better understanding of the important events in Marian's life.  The second reason I chose this video is to use as a model for my students to create thier own digital story.  For black history month my students have chosen a person of interest that they have been researching.  Before the end of the week, the students will attempt to create a digital story to summarize the life of their chosen person.  Wish me luck! I hope it works out as well for them as it has for me.                                                                                                             
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed watching your video! I am sure your students were interested in watching it, and I bet it inspired them to create their own digital stories! I hope it works well to have your students create their own. Will they be working independently or with partners/in small groups? Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I have also thought about having my students create a digital story. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great informative video for your students!! I'm sure they learned a ton of information from it, and got excited to make their own digital stories.

    ReplyDelete