Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"Online Collaborative Inquiries.."

I found this article very interesting.  I can understand, and even appreciate the many ways that intergrating blogging within the classroom can improve instruction.  As I think of my own students, I can only imagine how much more interested they would be to respond to literature online rather than thier notebooks.  However, what concerns me most is how fast technology is moving and how slowly schools are moving to make these tools accessible for the students.  It would be a great to think that all our students have computers within thier homes, but realistically they do not.  If the research shows that integrating technology within the curriculum can improve the quality of education, then why don't all of our students have access to computers, ipads,and smartboards?  This is frustrating, especially for us, educators, who really want our kids to have these experiences, knowledge, and creative opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you Lucy!! However I think to myself too that should students be "plugged in" all the time!!! I just feel as though students are already "plugged in" more then they need to. Do we have to have them "plugged in" at school as well??

    ReplyDelete